Sustainability — Working to keep Tambor wonderful
Tambor Tropical believes that real sustainability begins with investing in our local villages. A healthy, vibrant coastal community is a key priority. We invite you to experience the uniqueness of Tambor Tropical, and make a connection with neighbors.
Tambor Tropical’s staff have put their money and time into developing programs that enrich people, place and planet:
- Tambor Tropical provides local people with meaningful year-round employment.
- The Tambor Bay School is providing children with an enriching education — thanks to construction and funding with the aid of Tambor Tropical. Resort guests are encouraged to volunteer by visiting the school, and by sharing their knowledge and experiences with local children.
Tambor Tropical has been awarded the Certificate of Sustainable Tourism (CST) by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT), based on its achievements:
- A recycling program, one of the few in the region — the resort is now working to build a recycling center;
- Organizing regular beach cleanups;
- Using solar energy to dry laundry;
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning agents and soaps for housekeeping services;
- Water and energy management;
- Encouraging guests to interact with the local villages; and
- Inviting guests to visit and learn about Costa Rica’s protected areas.
For more than 20 years, Tambor has given educational and other presents to more than 250 children in the nearby villages of Muelle, Panica and Tambor on Christmas Day. Please contact us if you wish to participate in this event that shows our gratitude to our local communities.
“We started out with five-year olds who sang to us in English. Then Michael gave a program on rocks and every eye was eager to see what we had brought. By the time we got to the 11 year olds, they were like bees on honey when they saw the books that we had brought.”
- J. King